|# of Holdings|
Holdings and weightings are subject to change.
The Select Sector SPDR Consumer Staples (XLP) can be bought or sold throughout the trading day on the NYSE Arca and trade just like shares of stock. Orders are entered in the share amount you wish to purchase (or sell) using the trading symbol.
A single Select Sector SPDR share represents ownership in one of eleven portfolios of The Select Sector SPDR Trust. Just as a typical round lot for stock is 100 shares, a round lot for a Select Sector SPDR is 100 shares. Select Sector SPDR trade in round lots as well as odd (i.e., less than 100).
Select Sector SPDR pricing is continous during market trading hours. You will always be able to abtain up-to-the-minute share prices from your Financial Advisor.
The companies in this sector are primarily involved in the development and production of consumer products that cover food and drug retailing, beverages, food products, tobacco, household products, and personal products. Component stocks include Proctor & Gamble, Philip Morris International, Coca-Cola and Pepsi.
Performance is historical and does not guarantee future results; current performance may be lower or higher. Investment returns/principal value will fluctuate so that an investor's shares, when redeemed, may be worth more or less than their original cost. Most recent month-end performance is available in the Performance topic. Past performance does not guarantee future results.
Sector SPDRs are subject to risk similar to those of stocks including those regarding short selling and margin account maintenance. All ETFs are subject to risk, including possible loss of principal. Sector ETF products are also subject to sector risk and non-diversified risk, which will result in greater price fluctuations than the overall market.
The charts are standard price and volume charts. Volume on the horizontal axis with volume in green on up days (periods of time) and in red on down days (periods of time). Price movement can be found on the vertical axis.
Distributed by ALPS Portfolio Solutions Distributor, Inc.
You are not required to provide any personal information on this site unless you choose to provide your name, mailing or e-mail address to request information. We will not transfer your personal information to any non-Select Sector SPDR entity for commercial purposes. If you provide your e-mail address, you may receive e-mail from us.
Our web server will log your Internet Protocol (IP) address or the IP address of your proxy server. It will not systematically track your domain name or your e-mail address for any purpose.
LAST UPDATED: August 24, 2021
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual, including but not limited to:
· Postal address (including billing and shipping addresses)
· Telephone number
· Email address
· Profile picture
· Social media account ID
We may need to collect and process these types of Personal Information in order to provide the requested Services to you, or because we are legally required to do so. If you do not provide the information that we request, we may not be able to provide you with the requested Services.
We and our service providers may collect Personal Information in a variety of ways, including:
· Through the Services: We may collect Personal Information through the Services.
· Offline: We may collect Personal Information from you offline, such as when you attend one of our trade shows.
· From Other Sources: We may receive your Personal Information from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms (including from people with whom you are friends or otherwise connected) and from affiliates and third parties. In addition, if you elect to connect your social media account to your Website account, certain Personal Information from your social media account will be shared with us, which may include Personal Information that is part of your profile or your friends’ profiles.
We and our service providers may use Personal Information for our legitimate business interests, including the following:
· To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, complete your transactions, and provide you with related customer service.
· To send administrative information to you, such as changes to our terms, conditions and policies, as well as marketing communications that we believe may be of interest.
· To personalize your experience on the Services by presenting products and offers tailored to you, and to facilitate social sharing functionality.
· For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products, enhancing, improving or modifying our Services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and operating and expanding our business activities.
Your Personal Information may be disclosed to our affiliates and is subject to the following policy: https://www.ssctech.com/about-us/privacy. Additionally, personal information may be shared by us to:
· Third party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing and other services.
· Third parties, to permit them to send you marketing communications, consistent with your choices.
· By you, on message boards, chat, profile pages and blogs and other services to which you are able to post information and content (including, without limitation, our Social Media Pages). Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public and may be available to other users and the general public.
We may also use and disclose your Personal Information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable law, which may include laws outside your country of residence, to respond to requests from public and government authorities, which may include authorities outside your country of residence, to cooperate with law enforcement, or for other legal reasons; (b) to enforce our terms and conditions; and (c) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others.
In addition, we may use, disclose or transfer your information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an identifiable individual, such as:
· Browser and device information
· App usage data
· Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies
· Demographic information and other information provided by you that does not reveal your specific identity
· Information that has been aggregated in a manner that it no longer reveals your specific identity
If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, then we may use and disclose it for the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information as detailed in this Policy.
· Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Mac), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version and the name and version of the Services (such as the App) you are using. We use this information to ensure that the Services function properly.
· Through your use of the App: When you download and use the App, we and our service providers may track and collect App usage data, such as the date and time the App on your device accesses our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the App based on your device number.
· Using pixel tags and other similar technologies: Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Services (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about usage of the Services and response rates.
· IP Address: Your IP address is automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider. An IP address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Services, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many websites, applications and other services. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, diagnosing server problems and administering the Services. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
We may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information. If we do, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
We are not responsible for the information collection, use, disclosure or security policies or practices of other organizations, such as LinkedIn or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer, including with respect to any Personal Information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with the Apps or our Social Media Pages.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
We give you choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information for marketing purposes. You may opt-out from:
· Receiving electronic communications from us: If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out by clicking the applicable link provided within such marketing-related email and following the instructions for updating your preferences as provided therein.
· Our sharing of your Personal Information with affiliates for their direct marketing purposes: If you would prefer that we not share your Personal Information on a going-forward basis with our affiliates for their direct marketing purposes, you may opt-out of this sharing by clicking the applicable link provided within such marketing-related email and following the instructions for updating your preferences as provided therein.
We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, from which you cannot opt-out.
If you would like to review, correct, update, suppress, restrict or delete Personal Information that you have previously provided to us, you may do so by using the self-service functionality within the applicable Service.
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include: (i) the length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide the Services to you; (ii) whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject; or (iii) whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
The Services are not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18), and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from individuals under 18.
The Services are controlled and operated by us from the United States and are not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States. Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and by using the Services you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country. In certain circumstances, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies or security authorities in those other countries may be entitled to access your Personal Information.
We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, or criminal background) on or through the Services or otherwise to us.
This California Consumer Privacy Act Notice provides information for certain California residents in connection with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”). Under the CCPA, and for purposes of this California Consumer Privacy Act Notice, “Personal Information” generally means information that identifies, relates to, or describes a California resident or household and includes the categories listed below. Below are details about the categories of Personal Information of California residents that we have collected or disclosed during the last 12 months.
Categories of Personal Information Collected: We collected the following categories of Personal Information:
A. Identifiers, such as name, contact information, and online identifiers;
B. Personal information, as defined in the California customer records law, such as employment and government-issued ID numbers;
C. Internet or network activity information, such as browsing history and interactions with our website;
D. Professional or employment-related information, such as company name; and
E. Inferences are drawn from any of the Personal Information listed above to create a profile or summary about, for example, an individual’s preferences and characteristics.
Sources of Personal Information. We collected Personal Information directly from California residents themselves in person, over the phone, via email, via the Services and separately from affiliates and third parties.
Purposes. We may use this Personal Information to respond to your requests, provide our products and services, and to accomplish our business purposes and objectives, including, for example, to market our products and services and those of our clients, conduct analytics, comply with law, legal process, and internal policies, and maintain records.
Disclosures of Personal Information. We disclosed the following Personal Information to our affiliates and service providers for our operational business purposes:
A. Identifiers, such as name, contact information, and online identifiers;
D. Professional or employment-related information, such as company name; and
“Sales” of Personal Information. The CCPA defines a “sale” as the disclosure of Personal Information in exchange for monetary or other valuable consideration. We have not “sold” Personal Information for purposes of the CCPA. The CCPA definition of “sale” does not include, for example, the transfer of Personal Information as an asset that is part of a merger, bankruptcy, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business.
If you are a California resident, you have the following rights:
(1) Right to Know. You have the right to request that we disclose to you the following information covering the 12 months preceding your request:
o The categories of Personal Information we collected about you and the categories of sources from which we collected such Personal Information;
o The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you;
o The business or commercial purpose for collecting Personal Information about you; and
o The categories of Personal Information about you that we otherwise shared or disclosed, and the categories of third parties with whom we shared or to whom we disclosed such Personal Information.
(2) Right to Request Deletion. You have the right to request that we delete Personal Information we collected from you.
To make a request for the disclosures or deletion described above, please contact us at ALPSPrivacy@alpsinc.com or call us at (844) 511-9635. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law.
In order to verify your identity, SS&C ALPS will provide you with a CCPA request document, which will include a request for information including your name, your home and work addresses, your home and work email addresses and your home (or cell) and work phone numbers. We will also ask you to provide information about your relationship with SS&C ALPS.
If you are requesting disclosure of specific pieces of information maintained by SS&C ALPS, we will ask you to provide a signed declaration under penalty of perjury that you are the “Consumer” whose personal information is the subject of the request.
If you are an “Authorized Agent” making a request on behalf of a Consumer, in addition to the above information regarding the Consumer, we will ask you to provide a copy of a document permitting you to act on behalf of the Consumer, signed by you and the Consumer. SS&C ALPS will also require that the Consumer confirm directly to SS&C ALPS that they provided you permission to submit the request.
(3) Right to Be Free from Discrimination. You have the right to be free from unlawful discrimination for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
As of June 24, 2002 the Select Sector SPDR Trust instituted the following changes: The Basic Industries Select Sector SPDR Fund changed its name to the Materials Select Sector SPDR Fund. The Consumer Services Select Sector SPDR Fund changed its name to the Health Care Select Sector SPDR Fund. The Cyclical/Transportation Select Sector SPDR Fund changed its name to the Consumer Discretionary Select Sector SPDR Fund.
Select Sector SPDR shareholders are subject to risks similar to those of holders of other sector stock portfolios. One primary consideration is that the general level of stock prices may decline, and thus the value of Select Sector SPDRs may decline. A Select Sector SPDR also may be adversely affected by the performance of the specific sector or group of industries upon which it is based. You can expect that shares in a Select Sector SPDR will move up or down in value with the value of its related Select Sector Index. In addition, the overall depth and liquidity of the secondary market in these shares may fluctuate.
Although Select Sector SPDRs are designed to provide investment results that, before expenses, generally correspond to the price and yield performance of their related Select Sector Indexes, the Funds of The Select Sector SPDR Trust may not be able to exactly replicate the performance of the Select Sector Indexes because of expenses and other factors.
Over time, the stock holdings of each Select Sector SPDR may be rebalanced to reflect changes in the composition of its related index. A Select Sector SPDR would incur transaction costs and other expenses as a result of rebalancing. Furthermore, a Select Sector SPDR would realize capital gains or losses from the sale of securities in a rebalancing.
Net long-term capital gains, if any, will be distributed to shareholders as capital gains distributions at least annually.
From a tax standpoint, you should be aware that the Select Sector SPDR Trust is structured as a regulated investment company, and that dividend distributions may not be characterized entirely as ordinary income. You may wish to consult your tax advisor in this regard.